When searching for personal auto insurance, Tampa FL residents have several options. Though there are many choices, finding the right car insurance policy for your individual needs can be a challenge. Many insurance agents in the Tampa area are exclusive to only one carrier. If you are shopping for the best rates and coverage, you would need to call several to do a thorough comparison.
Cornerstone Insurance is a family-owned independent insurance agency that works with several of the top auto insurers in Florida. When choosing Cornerstone to provide their auto insurance, Tampa auto owners will receive coverage quotes from highly rated companies like Progressive, Travelers, Mercury Insurance Group, Encompass and many others. These are companies that have a proven track record of reliability and affordability. When you work with us, we will compare the rates and coverage of several insurers to tailor a plan that fits your specific needs and stays within your budget. We also provide outstanding customer service and are always there to help when you need us.
Many people wonder if they really need auto insurance. Tampa drivers should be aware that if you own a vehicle, it is the law that you have at least the state minimums of PIP (Personal Injury Protection) and property damage liability. If your car has a loan, the finance company may also require collision insurance until the loan is paid off. Here are some other reasons why it is wise to carry auto insurance:
- If your motor vehicle is ever stolen or totaled in an accident, it will cost a lot of money to replace it without insurance
- If you are ever in an accident where you or other passengers sustain injury, you may be held liable for the medical costs
- If your vehicle ever causes damage or serious injury to others, you could be sued for far more than your net worth
That depends on your individual situation. You only “need” to carry what the state and/or your financial institution requires. However, it is best to have enough coverage to protect you and your family. When considering the amount of coverage needed for auto insurance, Tampa Florida drivers should also consider the following:
- What can you afford to pay out of pocket in the event of an auto accident? If you can afford to pay more for possible repairs, then you may want to choose a policy with a higher deductible, saving you money on your premiums.
- Does your car have a loan against it? If the answer is yes, you will probably be required to carry collision car insurance.
- What is your total financial worth? You will want your liability limits to equal or exceed your total net worth. This will protect you and your family from a lawsuit. If your net worth is higher than the maximum liability limit on the auto insurance, you may want to consider an umbrella policy.