Looking for a competitive rate on motorcycle insurance in Tampa area? You’ve come to the right place. Cornerstone Insurance is an independent Florida insurance agency serving the people of Tampa and the surrounding communities. We work with several of the top rated insurers in the state and have years of experience providing affordable coverage for motorcycle owners.
The short answer is yes. Although the no fault laws in the state of Florida may not be applicable to motorcycles, you are still required to prove financial capacity to pay for any damages caused by your bike. If you are ever in an accident or stopped for a traffic violation, you may be asked to furnish this proof, and the best way to do this is to carry motorcycle insurance. Tampa riders should also be aware that state law requires you to carry the minimum liability protection in case your motorcycle injures another driver or passenger on the road.
The standard motorcycle insurance policy should include the following coverages:
- Liability: This covers you from damage or injury your bike may cause others on the road. It is recommended that you carry enough to cover all of your financial assets so you will be protected in case of a lawsuit.
- Medical: This covers you and any passengers on your bike for medical expenses incurred by injuries from an accident.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist: This covers you in case you are injured in an accident caused by another driver who is uninsured or underinsured.
- Comprehensive: This covers damage to your motorcycle from “acts of God” like hail, wind, or heavy rain. It also covers fire, theft and vandalism.
- Collision: This covers damage to your bike from collision with another bike, vehicle or other object. Collision may be required if you have a loan on your bike.
- Roadside Assistance: Covers you in case you need help on the road because your bike breaks down, you run out of gas, have a flat tire, or other similar incident.
In addition to the standard coverage, there are specialty coverages available for custom parts of your choosing, like seats or stereo equipment.
When selecting the right local insurance agent for motorcycle insurance, Tampa riders should keep in mind that many agencies in the community only represent one insurer. This limits the options they are able to offer you. At Cornerstone Insurance, we represent multiple carriers and are able to find you the best coverage and rates to fit your personal needs.
In most cases, we will be able to help you save money by finding the company that offers the best discounts based on your individual circumstances. And, if you are ever involved in an accident, we will be there to help with claim reporting and any other assistance you may need.